Tuesday, February 25, 2014

My One Green Thing: Christy, 02/25/2014

Each day, tell us one simple way you are "greening" your community, whether you are our neighbor here in Rockport-Fulton, TX, or beyond.  Today one of the members of our planning committee, Christy, shares her One Green Thing.

"Each day we want to celebrate one small step each of us is taking to "green" Rockport-Fulton, TX.  Today, my one green thing is...I live in a tiny house!  My home's footprint is less than 300sf, which means the cost of heating, cooling and powering my house is much less than a standard suburban American home.  Not only do I conserve natural resources, but I consume less in terms of human and monetary resources.  I spend less time cleaning and making repairs, and shopping for furnishings, decor, clothing and even food.  Every purchase must be deliberate.  Every square inch must be used efficiently.  My family and I lived for two years in a 300sf tent with screen porch.  And then about six months ago, we "upgraded" to a 32' Airstream!  Living with purpose, simply, in a tiny home is one way I'm making Rockport-Fulton a green community."

...And what about you?  Send us a short clip of YOUR One Green Thing!  Let's share all the ways we are greening up our little square of the planet.  #rockportearthday2014 #redfishrun2014

www.rockportearthday.com
rockportearthday@gmail.com
facebook.com/rockportearthday
@RFEarthDay

No comments:

Post a Comment